The beginning of summer is a great time of year for fresh garlic scapes. These vibrant, green, curly stalks of garlic tops impart a great garlicky flavour but are mild enough to use in salads, soups, pasta sauces, and hold their own as a main ingredient in vegetable stir-fries.
They’re nutritious (vitamin K, folate, vitamin C) and provide a different take and texture on garlic in your everyday recipes.
Simple. Fresh. Delicious.
Prep time: 5-10 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
- 20 garlic scapes
- 5-6 medium white mushrooms
- 1 medium sweet red pepper
- 1 medium zucchini
- 1 tbsp grapeseed oil
- Cut the garlic scapes into 1-inch long pieces
- Chop or slice the remaining vegetables to bite-sized pieces
- Heat wok or heavy-bottomed pan over medium-high heat
- Add oil and garlic scapes to pan and saute for 5 minutes
- Add remaining vegetables to pan and continue to saute for another 5 minutes
- Salt and pepper to taste before removing from heat
- Serve with your main dish
Nutritional info per serving:
Carbohydrates: 11.3g (sugars 3.6g; fiber 3.0g)